Friday, July 11, 2014

Netherlands

The canals

Tiniest house.  It is barely wider than the doorway going only a few more inches to the right where the brick wall goes out a bit before the windows.

We were not there during tulip season, but I did snap a picture of the museum.

Free samples ...yum!  Their cheese is packaged so you can take it on the plane.  I got to bring some home for the family.

2 Dutch Girls

Anne Frank Monument...we were not allowed to take pictures inside

Dessert waffles...amazing!

Ten Boom watch shop- We took a tour of the house, but cannot post pictures online.  This was one of the highlights for me.  I am currently reading The Hiding Place by Corrie TenBoom.  What an example of living a life for Christ.  Her father, sister and her never could have done what they did if they had not already been living a life dedicated to God and serving him.  Her life has been such a challenge to me.  The house is in Haarlem about a 15 min. train ride from Amsterdam.  

Corrie Ten Boom house


Canal

I thought there would be more windmills, but I did see this one!

Cheese and bacon pancake

Mini butter and sugar pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment