We traveled for a little less than 4 weeks to hot and cold climates. We were typically in summer like temperatures, but did encounter snow once in the Alps. Before I left I read several blogs about packing for Europe. Most said try to bring outfits that you can mix and match. I read one that suggested taking pictures of outfit choices before you go so you can quickly remember what you have and what mix and match options you might want to wear that day. It's easier than digging through your suitcase. We stayed somewhere different every 1-2 nights so we were constantly packing up. This ended up being helpful for me. Here are some of the outfits I brought along. After a couple of outfits I realized I really didn't need to try everything on for the pictures! I didn't wear the hat much and I never wore one of the dresses. In Venice I ended up buying a dress, skirt, and tank top that I wore throughout the rest of the trip.
I brought two pairs of flat ballet slipper type shoes, one pair of keens, and a pair of flip flops. That served me well. I just brought one purse that has a long strap I could wear across my body and keep in the front of me. It worked well even though it is old. There are MANY pickpockets in the big cities of Europe, but I did not have any problems. There was a man who we saw get pick pocketed on the Metro in Rome. He was yelling about it, but nothing happened. The locals said nothing is really done about it. One tip is just not to flash your wallet, cash, or valuables around. I try to keep my hand on my purse whenever I am in crowded areas. Another tip is to keep the zipper end of your purse in the front so it is more difficult to unzip without you knowing than if it was in the back.
In addition to clothes I just brought my quart sized bag of liquids and bought more of what I needed along the way. I was unable to find any small bottles of hairspray. I also bought something in Austria that I thought was conditioner and the saleslady told me it was. However, it was not. I think something got mixed up with language.
As far as electronics I brought my IPAD, IPOD, and digital camera. Remember to bring adapters for your chargers as the outlets in Europe are different.
No comments:
Post a Comment