Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DC

Brenda and I met up with Joanne- How fun to meet this special girl I have heard so much about!
 Brenda and I made it to DC a little tired, but on time.  We were able to find JoAnne and spend the day with her starting out with a big American breakfast.  It was amazing to speak in English and hear it all around.  I special requested to change my potatoes out for fruit.  Wahoo!  I love being able to talk with the waitress.  We also drank all the free water we wanted.  


American breakfast...YUM YUM...I LOVE!

Our capital





We went back to the airport at night and stopped at Potbelly's for a sandwich and I also got a cookie of course.  Then our flight ended up leaving 5 hours late!  It was a bit of a pain, but we made some new friends.  One was a French guy going back home, another was a Colombian girl who lives in Paris now, and an American biker couple probably in their 60's or so.

The airlines had to switch planes because ours had a mechanical problem so we all got new seats.  They put Brenda and I in Economy Plus, which we thought was great.  Then some other guy got on with his daughter and they had paid for Economy Plus seats, but when their seats were changed, they got regular ones.  The stewardess was being mean to them (probably because she was stressed with the many problems the delay caused).  Anyway, Brenda and I felt bad so we told them they could sit there and we switched our seats.  They gave us a $100 voucher, but it was in the other people's name so we will have to see if it works.

Our flight was delayed 5 hours and they gave us $7 in food vouchers...after I had already eaten.  For many reasons I am not a fan of United...the rest of our flights caused many problems.  
Here we are with our vouchers

No comments:

Post a Comment